Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Skopelos


And so the Vacation from the vacation begins.  Skopelos was our first island. 
The view of the port, day and night.
The second day there, we rented a car and drove the whole island, stopping off at all the beaches, ports and sites on my list.  Here is an olive grove that is all terraced with cyclamen that grow wild there.  
On the road to see the Mama Mia Chapel, we spotted a sheep farmer herding his sheep along the ridge between the road and the ocean.  I made it black and white because he had on a neon green jacket and it just didn't look as classic with that color jumping out.


Here is the chapel on the rock that was made famous by the Mama Mia movie.  They used the outside and the stairs in the movie, but not the inside.  
Here is the beginning to the stairs that lead you up.  This is where Pierce Bronson sang to Meryl Strep on the way to their daughter's wedding. (that ended up being their wedding instead, lol)

One look at those stairs and I was not sure if I could make it up them, not because of it being hard to do, but because I am afraid of heights.  But as with our hike in Cinque Terre, I knew I had to do it!  I had come that far and could not miss it.

The church was so tiny, I already knew ahead that it was not used for the inside parts, but one step inside would have told you so anyway.
We stopped at a port to have dinner and watch the sunset.  We were well rewarded!




Next morning at our port.

I went for a walk while John stayed by the pool.  It was so fun wandering the streets and taking photos all on my own.  As I walked along, I heard some laughter coming from a side street.  As I got there it got louder and louder.  It ended up being these two women.  They were looking at a few photos that one of them was holding.  They were having such a good time with those photos that they didn't even notice me taking their photo.  It made me smile.







John had a good time while I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment