Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pisa

Since we were up north and were headed from Cinque Terre to Greece, we had to get to the airport.  And since we had to pass south to get to the main airport, I figured we may as well make the most of it.  We had been to Italy in the '90's, but stayed up north, Milan, Florence, Venice and the Dolomites.  We missed the south part, so this time we added in Pisa and Rome since we had to go right through them for the airport.
It was a thrill to see it in person!
You will notice all these people is all kinds of positions posing for photos.


Here is what they are aiming for.  Of course I had to give it a try, John wouldn't, so I made him take my photo instead.

There are two cathedrals on the same ground.  My wide angle straightened out the tower, but put a lean into the cathedral.  lol
I crowds were incredible!  I had to keep telling myself the whole trip when the crowds annoyed me...I too was one of the crowd.  But why did they have to go at the same time as me?  oh dear.

The details in every part of the buildings was so impressive.

It is only THIS big!  

We were there in the morning, went back for afternoon and night shots.  I loved the afternoon light the best.  Great shadows.
I got him to pose for one shot.
We walked to the river Arno that runs right through it and had some nice reflections.  
Then came sunset.  Wow, so glad I was there!  some people were practicing sculling and I loved the patterns they left in the colored water.

And then the moonrise.  Actually it was the night of the Super Moon. 
finished off with some blue hour light reflections.


No comments:

Post a Comment