Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sifnos


Our second island was my favorite.  Small, less tourism, relaxing and still plenty to do and shoot.
Here is the view of the bay, I took these to show the difference between the two islands.  Like Skopelos,  there is a church at the end of the bay, but not all the buildings.  

This was the view of the ocean in front of our room.  Two steps from the patio and we were in the water.

Most days the water looked like this, but sometimes it turned to this. 
Right out our door was a potted olive tree...with ripe olives.
This was our town.
We rented a car and drove the whole island.  I could not believe how many churches there were!  Later I found out that there are 365 of them.  All Greek Orthodox.

It was drier than Skopelos had been.  It was pretty unreal to see how much rock there was.  They had terraces and fences and piles made of it...everywhere!
And windmills.  so many of them.  I love it!

This cycle was just sitting there deserted above the bay.
At first I thought this guy was waiting for some tourist to come along and ride him. He was there when we drove past to see a town down the road.  Later when we went by he was still waiting.  Nobody was around at all.  




These are replicas of ancient bee hives.  

All of the homes had these pots on top.  I thought it was just decoration, but John thinks it is for the chimneys.  
My favorite shot of Sifnos.


taken from our window.
The landlady brought me a bowl full of Greek cookies and the bowl was for me to take home!  wow!

Our last morning there.

No comments:

Post a Comment