Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, May 22, 2024


Bring on the summer manicure!  

April

I have been so busy this past month that I completely forgot to post for April. Busy in a good way. One of my favorite ways. Yard work. Which is a really bad name for it because it isn't work when you are loving what you are doing. It is the best thing for me to be outside pulling weeds, planting new plants and trimming and mowing and all the things that it takes to make my yard beautiful.  I love it.  Out doing what I enjoy and doing good for my mind and body and soul.  

Why do Dandelions get such a bad rap? They are as pretty as some of the ones I pay to plant.

Apple blossoms


Violets always make me think of my Grandmother, but then I remember that they really make me think of my Mom and Dad. Because my Mom's Mom loved violets, every spring as soon as the wild ones start blooming in their yard, my Dad brings in a tiny bouquet for my Mom because he knows it will make her happy to remember her Mother.



Since Easter was celebrated in March this year, the month was just for me for celebrating my birthday.  I normally feel like having Easter in my birthday month makes it more special. I have pretty much claimed Easter as my very own holiday. Another year passed but I don't feel at all like I thought it felt to be this age. 
The kids went together and bought me a rock polisher. My grandfather had one when I was growing up. He used to make jewelry and clocks and anything else he could with the rocks he polished. Whenever we travel or go on a hike, I like to pick up a rock or two to take home. I barely remember where they all come from as I look at my pile of rocks, but now I will see what it looks to have them polished.  I am pretty sure that the rocks I found at Lake Superior are going to be agates. I started the process.  It takes a month before the final polishing is done.  Here are before and after shots.  


Arianna finished up her season of league volleyball.  It was an awesome season to see how great of a player she has become.  But she did end the season with a broken growth cap on her leg.  Poor girl had to miss the last tournament,

And then there is Lina, she went to every game and learned all kinds of ways to make a day pass while they waited in between games. 

Josiah waited it out at our place with Grandpa and me, if I didn't go to the games. If he was lucky, one of us would take him fishing. 
Mom and Dad and I went one day and mowed and weeded at the house they are still trying to sell for my sister's estate.  If all goes well, the sale will be final by the end of May. They hate this photo, but it is one of my very favorites of them. This photo says so much to me about who they are, even after all they have gone through these past two years. 
I see love.

John spent a long time hand digging this ditch for a french drain. Then he placed the cloth and a pipe and rock and now it is finally covered with sod. I sure hope it helps get the water off the back yard.
A squirrel loved those cherry blossoms.

Two birds we don't see all that often here. A Yellow Rumped Warbler and a Western Tanager.

I saw this tiny little hummingbird nest at the garden center.  Seriously, I considered buying the tree just for the nest!

When you bake a cake and the grandkids show up. Only they could get away with this!














No comments:

Post a Comment