Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Grief put our lives on hold, but life around us kept moving on. I remember being pulled from my thoughts at the burial and realizing that there were cars going back and forth on Hwy 211, there was a tractor mowing the field across from us. I thought to myself, ‘they have no idea what is going on over here’. Gradually, life events have been celebrated, with the realization that life continues. Even though our lives have changed forever, there is a different path we will now take, there is an empty spot, a door closed, but others are opening in spite of this dark sadness we have. I see rainbows and sunshine ahead of us through this dark cloud that keeps rolling over us.

Two weeks after the shattering news, Emily and Matthew announced that they were having a baby! What a beautiful light to receive this glimpse of hope that life really does go on!  I can not believe that I will actually be a GREAT Grandma!  We are anxiously waiting for the arrival at the end of September.

A week after the funeral, I received news that my sweet friend Wally had passed away.  I thought I was prepared, as he went on hospice just before our trip to Africa, but it hurt on top of the hurt to know he was really gone. I really hoped he would still be around when we got back from Africa and sure enough he still was and we were able to talk and I gave him the ‘saber tooth tiger tooth’ he had asked me to bring him. 

He seemed extra pleased with it and when I left, he told his daughter Terry that he was going to wear it to Heaven’s gate.  When they came to take his body, she made sure he had it on him. He was one of the men that people look up to and he was worthy of being imitated. He always looked for ways to help others and he gave more than he took. I will never forget his devotion to Irene as her health failed.

Jessi had her birthday and we had cake and dinner at Grandma and Grandpa’s. Its little normal things that we do that helps to keep us going along in this world that is no longer normal.

We went to California for a week to celebrate Gabe and Daniels birthdays.  A month late for one and early for another.  But that was still fun to take them birthday shopping to spend their money and go out to lunch. John drove down a week before me and I flew down to meet them.  There was still so much I wanted to be around here for and I sure did feel guilty leaving my parents.
 The week that John was gone, I had each of the kids over individually for a sleep over.

Josiah wanted some of my oven cinnamon toast. Well, I kinda burnt it while he was doing his hair for school. A new batch was in the oven when he came out...you should have seen his face when he saw the toast that burnt sitting on his plate. And then the relief when I traded it for the fresh not burnt batch. I guess I am kinda mean, huh? 

  It was nice to have company instead of being here all alone. It is so funny to see all that they know about using the camera on the cell phone. hahaha!

We were home in time for part of the kids spring break and they took me on a little hike with them. 



Winter log jam on the river. What an unreal pile of logs!

It felt so good to be outside getting some exercise together.

No comments:

Post a Comment