Click on any photo to see it larger.

Sunday, July 11, 2021

I got way behind on my blog.  And the longer it went, the harder it has been to get back here!  So much has happened and SO MANY photos! I am going to do my best to catch up and not post too many photos. 

March started out with a blood drive.  I have wanted to donate blood for years, especially the years when I was volunteering for the Red Cross.  I just never seemed to have the time when they were there to do it.  Since Jessi had donated a few weeks earlier, it was time for another donation, so I signed up and went with her.  I didn't know that they were going to look at my blood for Covid reasons.  It showed that I had plenty, so I knew my vaccine was working.  I also received a nice little text telling me exactly where my blood went.

I bought a really nice camera.  One that I have wanted for years, but just never could justify getting.  With our upcoming trip to Africa, I decided now was the time to splurge. It was a tough choice between the zoom lenses.  The one I thought I wanted was HUGE!  and it was heavy.  I decided to go with one that doesn't quite zoom up as close, but at least I know that I will get plenty of use from it after we get back from the safari.
Here is one of my first shots.  I love the detail in the focus.


So we took of for two weeks to stay in Florence, Oregon.  I love that little beach town. The bridge, the shops, the restaurants.  And for the first time, we were able to find the dunes.  We have looked so many times, but only found ones that were covered with grass or messed up from 4Wheelers.  This time, we did it!
They were as amazing as I hoped they would be.
We took a walk on the beach almost every day, but not always the same beach.
  
Some beaches were sand, others rock and this one beach was full of sand art.  God made art.  I was in awe.  I am posting a ton of the artwork because I just can't narrow it down to just a few. 
Those little heart rocks were there.  Really, I didn't add a thing. These creations were not just tiny little things, no they were giant sized.





Pretty incredible, huh?




We drove up to Newport and saw the seals.  There are more seals there than I have seen before. A little rock island is there that I don't remember and it was covered with them.  I cracked up at the one in the lower right photo.  He went back and forth like that with one flipper always above the water.
A first for me to see was these gorgeous Scoters.  There were a lot of them.  I don't know why I have not noticed them before this trip.

The weather was mostly sunny but a little chilly.

A little lake close to where we stayed.
The Florence Bridge.  I always love shooting it.  

We took a hike along a river.  It was one of the flattest easiest hikes I have ever done, but wow, the sights were breathtaking.  So many waterfalls along the way!





A few sunsets and then it was time to come home.

We came home to this jewel in the mailbox.  I actually had to hold back tears when I read the opening line. Josh sent me a letter from bootcamp.
We had a few days with the grandkids before we planned on taking off to see the California grandkids.
Well, believe me, I didn't post near as many photos as I had intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment