Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, June 23, 2014


Happy Birthday, Dennis!!!
You would have thought that by baby #2, I would have had it all figured out.  But nope, along you came and I had new things to figure out, like how to be a mommy to a baby and a toddler at the same time.  Sometimes I felt bad because you didn’t get the same attention as John did being the firstborn.  But as I look back, I realize that even though it was not the same attention, you got the added attention of a big brother.  It was so fun watching the two of you bond as you grew up.  I hope I don’t ever hear of all the adventures the two of you had together!!!  You were such a daredevil! It is pretty bad when the ER knew us by sight.  I loved your curiosity and inventiveness. I never knew what I was going to find in your room….from a broken down mini bike to a drawer full of electronic parts, the ceiling covered with exploded paint balls or a desktop full of illustrations of some sort of device you were going to try to make. You have always been good at letting those around you know what you are feeling.  But I also knew your feelings by reading your face.  It would get me every time I would see your little jaw cock to one side and your eyes roll in the other direction, I knew it was your way of holding back the tears when you were hurt physically or emotionally. It melted me, I just wanted to hug you and shield you from it. Even now, I still get glimpses of that look.  You were my cuddle baby, the only one of the three of you kids that would sit endlessly on my lap or curled up beside me with a blanket. I love how you have never grown too old to hug and cuddle and have your head massaged and know that is part of what makes you such a great husband and Dad.  So proud of the man you have become in your family life, spiritual life and the leader you are in your professional life.
I love you!  Momxo

1 comment:

  1. You write so well, Vicki. It brings tears to my eyes as I remember my son as a baby and growing up. Love the photo so much and have lots like it. Happy Birthday to your son. What a wonderful Mom you are.

    ReplyDelete