Click on any photo to see it larger.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

I am still working on taking photos of birds.  Getting their fast movement has been a challenge, but little by little I feel like I have learned something.  Here are a few shots that I have taken right in the back yard.  This guy just makes me laugh.  He reminds me of a clown with those crazy eyes.  It wasn't just an odd shot, all of these guys have those crazy eyes.
And then there are the starlings.  Most people hate them.  They arrive in flocks and don't leave until the last bit of food is devoured.  
 But if you take a closer look at them, they are amazingly colorful!!!
 I have a flicker that hung around all winter.  He really loved the suet.
 Early spring, a pair of ring neck doves showed up.  I just had to add the one with the eyes closed, it was if he was flirting with his partner or vice versa...not sure who is the male and female.
 And the jays.  I always am wishing we had crdinals here when I see the shots of them that people post on Flickr, but really, these guys are pretty vivid and amazing too!  
 I remember the first time I saw finches.  It was quite a few years ago when I put up my first bird feeder.  I was positive that somebody had lost a parakeet.  But it didn't take me long to figure out they were wild as they covered the thistle bag feasting on seeds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment