Click on any photo to see it larger.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Last month we took a drive down Hwy 1 to California to visit Dennis, Abby and Gabe and John's Uncle Jimmy. I have decided that Florence is my favorite little Oregon beach town. So much to take photos of but we have only stayed overnight there, so I want to go back and stay a while next time.  
The old bridge there is so photogenic.  Here are my favorite shots that I took this time.



This sign was on one of the restaurant doors.
I know there are some dunes around there, but so far, we have not been able to find them.  It is on the list for the next trip.

The coastline is such a pretty drive.  It sure beats I-5!!!

I can never figure out why loggers leave a lonely old tree standing when they clear a patch.  Anybody know why?


Along the way was a little marsh full of White Herons...normally I only see them one at a time.


My favorite part of Hwy 1 is the elephant seals at San Simeon.  This trip there were not as many as last time, but there were still plenty to get photos of.
This guy just makes me smile.  That little mark on him looks like a little tattoo heart and so I have decided he is dreaming of his sweetheart.

Just before you get to Solvang there is an Ostrich/Emu farm.  Last trip we didn't stop to get any photos, so I put it on the list for this trip.

From icy cold weather to the outdoor pool.  OK, so the pool was still too cold, but we enjoyed the hot tub.

This was taken from the road that goes to Dennis and Abby's church.  A nice view and really pretty rock formations.

I know it should not seem so weird to me, since we grow fruit here, but I am always impressed to see citrus growing on a tree.
While John and Dennis did some home improvements, Abby, Gabe and I went to the Santa Monica Pier.


Under the Pier.


We always enjoy our time with Uncle Jimmy.  And it is always so sad to drive away and see him standing there alone. 



1 comment:

  1. I love your photos so much, Vicki. What a wonderful trip, makes me want to get in the car and go for a very long drive on the coast. I am glad you had the link to your blog on your FB page as I could not remember what it was. Much like 365 I got to see things through your eyes like the smiling elephant seal and such wonderful coastal photos.

    ReplyDelete