Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

September
It was a super nice warm September. Flowers are still going and it has been the final harvesting of what is left in the garden.






I transplanted the asparagus to a box because I heard it will take over your garden.

My little watermelon didn't get very big. I cut it open and for sure it just didn't have enough time to ripen.


But two of my cantaloupes made it. I had trouble deciding when it was time to pick them. They were still a bit green outside, but they had a cantaloupe smell. One day, as I was inspecting them, it just popped off in my hand. It was soft and ripe inside and tasted so good!



My heart hoya bloomed. For Valentines Day a few years ago, I bought a little heart one in a pot. It hasn't done anything. I found out that the ones that they sell at Valentines are that way forever, they never grow or change. You have to have a start from a vine to get it to grow and change. I love to check the clearance table at Tony's and one day they had a terrible looking heart hoya. I decided to see what I could do with it. It has been almost two years and finally the little stub bloomed and the stalk has new leaf shoots.
The scent of the stephanotis is even better than the sight of them in bloom.


I think I get the most comments in my yard on the fall crocus. At the time of year when yards are winding down for the winter, here come these gorgeous blooms to the amazement of everyone who walks by.
My 'Vicki' clematis decided that it needed to bloom again. It looked better than when it bloomed the first time in June.

The kids are all back in school and volleyball began. Arianna has done great with the JV team. So much change from when she first began.
After all the years of watching Arianna, Lina finally made it to the age when she could join. Sadly, there are so many girls, the coach made the decision that 4th graders would only observe at games. They would use this year for practice. Lina has been the best bench sitter ever, watching and cheering on the older girls one more year until it is her turn next year! 
But...one game night, the other team didn't show up and so the coach decided to do a game between the team. Lina hit the floor and impressed us with her skills!
Josiah even got in on it and kept score!
At the first of the month, Josh and Alexis moved all their things back to Oregon. He had a month leave before being deployed to Japan/Korea for 6 months. Alexis will live with her Dad and when Josh gets home, he is out of the Marines!
Matthew and Emily brought the boys up from Texas for Beau's 2nd birthday. It was the first time for me to meet Henry. I still can't believe I am a Great Grandma!
It is still so amazing to us all that Mom is also a Great-Great Grandma! It is so rare!


Josiah brought a couple of his favorite garbage trucks to share his love of them with Beau, who also has a love of garbage trucks. At first, he was too busy with basketball to even notice the truck, but suddenly that was all he could see and think about. He wouldn't even stop loading the truck for us to sing him Happy Birthday!
I also decided it was time to pass on some toys. This little work bench belonged to John, and then Josh played with it and now it is Beau and Henry's turn to use it. It is on its third generation.
We had a really good family day with my parents, kids, grandkids and great-grandkids. Life just keeps moving on! Way too fast!





5 Generations!
























No comments:

Post a Comment