Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, January 6, 2020


December started out with an ornament blowing event with Pat. The ornament I blew was huge and really funny shaped, but I really liked it.  I figured I would not put it on the tree, but use it all year round for a decoration.  Well, when you blow the glass, it has to be tempered overnight, so the next day I went back to pick them up, my ornament had been redone into a normal looking ornament.  Oh well, I was kinda disappointed, but that is fine. My original one is at the top, then the one they redid and below it is the one Pat made.  The class was free as a gift from our investment company, so I really had no complaint.

Lina turned 5!!!  My youngest grandchild is FIVE!!!  
Jessi went all out with a 'You are My Sunshine' theme and the cake was so cute!

I flew to Thousand Oaks to be able to attend Gabe and Daniel's Christmas program.  It was really fun to have a quick little trip and be a part of their lives.  One night we were watching a movie, and there was Mason, sitting alongside us watching it with us.  It cracked me up.
It was so fun to be a part of each of the grandkids Christmas programs this year.  
I saw the cutes gnomes that were made from a tomato stand.  I went over to my parent's place and brought home the branches to make them.  While I was there, I found some inspiration in the form of fungus growing on a maple tree.
The Gnomes were so fun to make and looked so cute on my entry way.
Meanwhile, in California, the yard is growing its own Christmas color.
Here are a few of the decorations this year.


Arianna put her special touch on another nativity scene this year.  Of course she had her hand in the usual way on my bigger nativity.
With all that went on this year, Christmas cards only were sent out to those far away. 
Every year, when I see the boxes of oranges, I cringe.  It makes me remember back to the time years ago, when I took my kids in to see my Grandparents.  Before we left, Grandpa handed me some money and told me to stop and buy a case of oranges for the kids.  Well, instead of buying oranges, we talked it over and went out to lunch instead.  I still feel guilty for not buying those oranges as he wanted me to.  Maybe it is not too late, I think I will buy a case of them next year.  HAHA.
Times have changed.  This is where I did most of my Christmas shopping this year.  Sure it was easy, it was fast and it was one stop.  BUT...it just does not feel right to hand the family one tiny little card.  I miss the days of them ripping open packages of things that I hoped would be just the perfect gift.  Well, at least this way, they do get the exact thing that they wanted.  I still buy gifts for the little kids. 
Added to my Nativity collection, I now have one that I found in Jimmy's house.  It is one he made years ago.  When I had him out her for lunch one day, I showed it to him.  He didn't remember making it at first, but then slowly, he began remembering how he used a shingle for the roof and how he did this or that on it.  I had him sign his name on the back.
I love having my morning latte sitting in the Christmas tree light.  It is a nice quiet peaceful way to begin the day.
I cut down on the amount of baking and candy making I did, but there was still way too much sugar around this house!!!
Everyone's schedules were different this year, so we ended up having 3 gift openings at our house.  The first one was our traditional Christmas Eve celebration, with the Veras'.  We started out with the usual dinner and dessert and moved on to the gifts.
My newest toy.  I am going to have so much fun with this!
The next morning, Christmas Day, we had the Salem family join us.  Well, part of it, Emily and Matthew couldn't be there that soon because of his family's events. We brought Jimmy out to join us at our house.
After brunch and family time, we all went over to my parents house for the traditional dinner and gift time.
The next night, Ariel flew out to see his family in the Dominican Republic.  Then the day after that, Dennis and his family flew in for another round of Christmas!

The 29th, ALL the family was able to get together, except for Ariel of course.  We had an amazing, fun day together, playing games, checking out new toys, and just being together.

 

We always have to celebrate the REAL reason for Christmas.

And then before we knew it, it was time for these critters to fly back home.
And I can't let a month go buy without showing off a bit of the mountain!


















No comments:

Post a Comment