Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Birthday, Rachel! 
I knew you were going to be my daughter-in-law the day John said “..she’s just like you, Mom…”.  To what you were just like me, I don’t remember, but I remember thinking, “he is going to marry her”.   I have to admit, when John first brought you into our family, I didn't think you were really going to fit.  You were so quiet, so smart, so sensible.  I wondered how in the world you were going to put up with this family, especially with John.  But then the day came when you told us a little story about your future husband.  You said “John wants to go on an archaeology dig in the Middle East, then we talked about going to Africa…we went to Dairy Queen.”  And THAT is when I knew you got him,  that is when I knew you were going to be the perfect half to that boy I raised.  You know how to dream with him and how to make his reality real.  You have helped him become a man.  Thanks for being a treasured part of our family!

1 comment: