Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I've been back to my outdoor workouts...going for walks outside is so much better than the treadmill...for one thing...once you are half-way out there...you have to finish...you can't just hop off the machine and go do something else. I have not been taking my camera with me because there just isn't that much to take pictures of this time of year. But the other day...there in the middle of the road was the cutest little salamander! I was so much wishing for my camera...but then I realized I DO have a camera with me...my cell phone! I pulled it out and got some shots...not too bad for a cell phone, huh?

I also have to tell about the most fantastic dinner I made the other night. Well, fantastic to me...John was not impressed. Chicken Pot Pie...it is awesome! I am so glad he was not thrilled with it because that gave me plenty of left-overs. I had some for breakfast yesterday even and then had it again for dinner last night. There are two more servings left and I can't wait to have them!

Just in case you want to try it, here is the recipe:

CHICKEN POT PIE
Filling:
1/4 cup butter
2 3/4 cups chicken broth (I use water and bouillon to make my own)
1/2 tea. pepper
1/2 tea salt
1/3 cup flour
a chicken breast or two, cooked and diced up (depends on how much chicken you want in it)
1 10 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 cup chopped celery
one large potato, diced up

Pastry:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
3/4 tea salt
4-5 T. cold water

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat, add the flour, stirring until smooth. Cook a minute stirring constantly. Gradually add the broth, using a wire whisk and cook over medium heat stirring continually until the mixture is thick and bubbly. Stir in the salt and pepper, chicken and vegetables. Pour into a 12x8x2 inch baking dish. In a bowl, combine flour and salt, cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle in the cold water and mix until just moistened. Shape into a ball and then roll out into a rectangle to fit the top of the baking dish. Place over the mixture and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.

I prepared it all in the morning before I went to work, covered it with a towell and then when I got home, it was sitting there all ready to bake.

OK! Time to go have breakfast...mmm...pot pie, here I come...hope there is time for a workout when I'm done.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment