Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, October 6, 2008

I've been home over a week and have been so busy each day that I have not had a chance to update my blog. I have not even taken a picture since I got here. I even went to Emily's soccer game on Saturday and can't believe that I forgot to take the camera. I loved spending so much time with Jessi. I was able to see what her life is all about there. It was harder than it has ever been to say goodbye this time. I came home with such mixed feelings, sad to leave her behind, wanting to make her come home with me instead, and yet understanding her love for the work that she is doing and happy to see that she is content. I am more grateful than ever for the ease of communication in order to keep in touch with my kids, either through a telephone call, email, or instant message. What must it have been like years ago when families moved away? Sometimes I get frustrated that all three of them live so far away. (yes, even SALEM is too far away!) But then I think about all those families who got on ships and sailed off to the new land or onto a wagon across the country, never to be seen by their families again. I should be grateful that even the farthest one away is still only a day's travel. I should be, but for just right now, I am going to let myself feel sad. I'll be grateful tomorrow...or the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment