Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, October 10, 2016

 
 A mysterious plant volunteered up in the flowerbed.  As it started to bloom out, our neighbor spotted it and told me he thought it was poison and I should get rid of it.  I put a little thing on Facebook about it asking if anyone knew what it was.  It turns out it is a plant called Pokeweed.  It is poison and spreads like crazy.  Those cute tiny little flowers turn into berries and that is what makes you sick.  I read that even a dog died eating them.  But even though it is poison, some people use the berries for medicinal reasons and some use it for ink.  Well, as soon as I read it was poison, I went right out and pulled it up.  It said that they spread like crazy and sure enough I have found two more plants trying to sneak into my flowerbeds!
 The yard is still gorgeous, but things are winding down for the year.  We have been busy transplanting things to better places and now I am looking forward to how it will all look next spring when it starts to bloom.  Today I planted 300 bulbs!  Daffodils, tulips, crocus and grape hyacinths.
 I have spotted a random wild pigeon at my feeder now and then, but one day a whole flock of them showed up.  They didn't go to the feeder, but just hung out in a tree.  I took their photo just before they flew off and have not seen them since.
 Spiders and apples and webs.  Add in some raindrops and I get photos.



 I don't know what it is about a praying mantis, but these guys really fascinate me.  They just sit there so still waiting for their prey.  Sometimes as I get close for a shot, they will turn their head and give me a look.
I loved the way the cloud hung over Mt.Hood as if it was letting off steam.
  Moonrise to Sunrise to Sunset...
 At the end of the month we had some really great moonrises.
 Alpine glow
 I have really learned to love those clouds and foggy mornings.
 those rays are magical
The fog hangs low along the path that the river takes.


And then there was the day I could not see the mountain, but this sunset was outstanding without it.





No comments:

Post a Comment