Click on any photo to see it larger.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

We headed to LA for Gabe's birthday via Reno.  On the way, I saw my first wild swans.  Trumpet swans, a whole bunch of them, right along the road.  Of course I had John stop so I could take photos.  
And, in usual fashion, I walked to the lake by the Peppermill while they had fun inside, I visited my swan and other water fowl.  The little heron above finally had to stare me down, probably was trying to figure out what I was doing.

I had never noticed the feet on the coot until this time.  Pretty strange, huh?
I like the way the tail on these seagulls looked like they were crossing their fingers.



The swan was still there.  This time he was really in the mood to pose for photos.  Maybe he was just looking for food, but he kept close to the edge and had my camera a clicking!  I could post a zillion photos of him, but narrowed it down to these three. (I really don't know if he is a he or a she)





Here are a few shots I took from the truck as we coasted on down to LA.  Not that great of focus, but what can I expect while moving 70 mph?  The hills were so gorgeous with the yellow flowers in bloom on the fresh green grass.  Then came the flowering trees, I am pretty sure these were almond trees.  



I actually took this one on the way back home going through the Shasta area, but I will post it here with the other drive-by shots.  





No comments:

Post a Comment