Click on any photo to see it larger.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

 Mother's Day #1  
We were invited to Salem for Mother's Day Brunch cooked by Emily, Joshua and John (son). They cooked for Rachel, Rachel's Mother, Debby and Me.  It was a really nice time sitting on the patio chatting with the Tripps and having a special breakfast cooked for us. As we drove up to their house we were greeted by this street chalking written by Joshua.  It says 'Happy Mother's Day Grandma Dixon, aka Vicki and Grandma Tripp, aka Debby and My Mom, aka Rachel.  From their place, we drove back up to Boring to my Parent's place for dinner.  Jessi and Ariel met up with us there. Of course Dennis called and said Happy Mother's Day.  I have gotten used to having long distance celebrations with the kids. 
   Here is the latest 4 generation Mother/Daughter photo:  Mom, Me, Jessi and Baby Girl.

Mother's Day #2 (unplanned a week later)
Dennis had to be in Seattle for a conference over Memorial Day.  He was pretty well booked up the whole time, so we decided that even though he was close enough for us to drive up, it would not be worth the drive to not even get to spend any amount of time together.  I felt kinda sad about having him so close, but not getting to see him.  Well, Monday morning, as I was putting on my slippers, the phone rang.  It was Dennis saying that he had the day free after all, he had rented a car and was going to drive down!  He made it here before noon!   We made quick phone calls to John and Jessi and Grandma and the Aunts and everyone jumped in their cars and came over in time for dinner. The only thing missing was Abby and Gabe.  
I don't know why it is that Moms love to have all their kids at home at one time.  What is it about that, that gives me such a thrill to see them all three together?  There is just something about it, something that feels so complete, that makes me feel so content.  
I can not thank God enough for all the blessings!
3 John verse 4
"I have no greater joy than this, to hear of  my children walking in the Truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment