Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, October 17, 2011

I studied the globe and decided on Argentina.

I read the book and picked out the places.

and then I booked it!
  We leave on the 19th, fly to Buenos Aries and stay there for 2 days.  While there I will meet up with a young woman, Andrea Cifarelli, whom I met via this blog.  She left comments on my blog and I began going to hers and one thing lead to another and so now I get to meet her.  From Buenos Aries, John and I will fly to Iguazu Falls.  I can't wait to post photos of it!!!  It is HUGE...bigger than Niagara Falls...1 1/2 miles wide!  We will explore the area for 4 days and then fly south to Patagonia and stay in that area for 6 days.  While there we plan on trekking the glaciers, hiking and maybe drive to the Atlantic side and see penguins or north to see flamingos and black swans.  From there we will fly to Santiago, Chile and visit with my previous Spanish church pastor family, the Valencias. They are really from Colombia, but are serving in Chile, as head of missions in South America. 

Bag is packed and now we wait.  The latest report from Argentina is that the airport was closed yesterday due to volcanic ash from a volcano in Chile.  I hope there is a big wind that blows it out to sea really quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment