Click on any photo to see it larger.

Sunday, October 23, 2011


I felt like I was in a Disney movie today! Really! First off, we arrived to the falls park and I noticed there are butterflies everywhere...I don't mean just one or two, I mean hundreds! Everywhere, all kinds, all colors, some even would land on you. We needed to take this little train up to the falls, it is like the train you take at the zoo and those butterflies even followed along beside the train! I just knew at any minute Snow White was going to appear and they would trail along behind her as she headed for home. But it even got better, once we got off the train at the start of the trail, there were even more of them and I saw down this one little pathway a little group of people and so I went on to see what was there...and there they were, more than I could imagine...it was like you could not step anywhere because you didn't want to step on them, I almost wanted to stop breathing because I didn't want to breathe one in. They were feeding on some big mud puddle. Anyway, you can bet I took about as many pictures as there were butterflies out there! When John finally pulled me away to see the falls, the reason we REALLY came there, I told him that if we didn't see anything else I would be happy. That was spectacular!
























But then I was blown away even more when we reached the first falls...the Devils Throat...I could not believe it, it was AWESOME! and I mean AWESOME like you have never seen before. HUGE and LOUD and undescribable. A picture does it no justice, even though I tried my hardest, I can see now that the 450 pictures I took did not capture the true essence of what it was like to see it for yourself. While we were there, the water would spray up and we ended up pretty wet. John's hat was blown off and we watched it get sucked to the bottom of the throat. From there we went to another trail that took us to see the Circuit Superior...The upper trail...and EVERY photo seemed to have a rainbow included. I mean it a RAINBOW in all my shots!!! A photographers dream.



All of the information about this park says there are all kinds of animals, MONKIES, snakes, tigers, tucans, etc, etc....well, we saw one tucan fly by, and there were tons of turtles sunning on the rocks in the river, we saw a bird nest with two eggs in it under the bridge/walkway as we walked along, we saw two pretty big lizard things, and a couple of things that looked like beavers without tails, and one coati, (that is the animal running over the pavement there in the picture) but we didn't see a single monkey!!! The top left photo shows how the trail out to the falls was. It seemed like a bridge, but even when it was over land it was like that. We are headed back to see the rest tomorrow, so maybe the monkies will make my day. But after today, it is going to have to be pretty special.

No comments:

Post a Comment