Click on any photo to see it larger.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I had special company last week. Joshua. The morning after the 4th, Emily was headed off to Summer Camp so we decided that Joshua should stay here for a few days of 'Grandma Camp'. It was unplanned, so they had to make a quick trip into the store to buy him a couple pairs of underwear and a pair of shorts and shirt because all he had with him was what he had on and that was jeans and the forecast was HOT and sunny. He told me later that the reason that he decided to go along with his parents to buy the new stuff was that he was afraid that they would come back with something like ‘Dora the Explorer’ underwear or something. He has his own special way to make me laugh.


It is not very often that I spend time one on one with the grandkids, so it was really special to have the time to get to know him all on his own. He liked it that he was getting to stay without his sister too, but it was nice to see how often he let it be known that he missed his sister. Some of the activities I suggested he declined saying “no, let’s wait until Emily is here to do that with us” We had a bonfire every night and he got to burn a stick to his heart’s delight. Fire is so fascinating to little boys, but especially for him. I let him pick out where we would have lunch and so I had the pleasure of eating fast food burgers EVERY day (he didn’t like any of the places I suggested), BUT he loves his coffee, so that was nice to have my morning and evening lattes with him. We went to see two movies while he was here. First, ‘How to Train Your Dragon’, it was so cute. The next day we decided on ‘Toy Story 3’. It is 3-D or regular. Now, I have never seen a 3-D movie, so I thought it sounded like something he would think was cool. But as the time got closer, he seemed to be getting a little nervous. Just before it began, he asked me how scary I thought it would be. TOY STORY?? SCARY??? Somehow, he put the 3-D part together with scary movies. When it was over, he went on and on about how it was NOTHING that needed 3-D glasses for! He liked it, but I think that he would have liked it better if I had not taken him to a 3-D one so that he would not have been so worried beforehand. I liked it too…but I am wondering…AM I THE ONLY ADULT WHO CRIED AT THE END? Isn’t it so nice that they make those cartoon movies for adults as well as kids?

p.s. we were the only ones in the movie, so that is why I was able to take pictures.
and don't forget, you can click on the pictures to see them bigger.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment