Click on any photo to see it larger.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

BRRRRR!!!! It's been cold here! Wood stoves are going and everyone is doing all they can to stay warm. The other morning, it was only 7 degrees when we woke up. It has been sunny and clear skies. This morning we woke up to a thin layer of ice over everything. My sister was trying to get to work this morning, and rolled her truck, totalling it out. We are very thankful that she was given an 'all's well' when she was checked at the hospital. Two days after Thanksgiving, I woke up to phone call at 3 am, from the Red Cross. I headed out and was shocked to discover upon arrival to the scene, that it was one of my good friends! None of the classes I have taken or teach say anything about how to handle things when that happens. Normally we get the client into a hotel and help with some temporary food and clothing. Well, there was no way I was going to send her all alone to a hotel in the middle of the night. I told her that if she wanted, I would prefer to take her home with me. We gave her the Red Cross options and the neighbors were all inviting her to stay with them. I was soooo happy when she took me up on the offer. She is thankful that her house and keepsakes were saved, even though she will have to live elsewhere for a few months while the insurance repairs the damages.

In case you are wondering, I have had a ton of trouble getting onto Blogger to post anything, so that is why I have not updated much in the past couple of weeks. I am trying to work it out, right now it is just a bandaid to get on, gotta figure out what is really wrong.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment