Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009


There is a Calla Lily in the front yard. The other day as I was passing by it, I heard a buzzing noise. I stopped to investigate and there inside one of them was a battle going on between a bee and a spider. Of course I made a run back into the house for the camera! I took a couple of pictures and later on came back to see what was going on...by that time the bee was dead and being pushed out of the flower to wherever the spider stores his food. Since then, I have kept a watch and that spider stays in that same flower. When I go out there, he is waiting in the bottom and if I put my finger near the flower, he rushes up to see what is coming. His white color is the perfect camouflage for unsuspecting insects that dare to stop in. (don't forget you can double click on the picture to get a closer look)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment