Click on any photo to see it larger.

Friday, April 24, 2009

OUCH! Well, now, let me tell you about my last run...and possibly I really do mean my LAST! Of course I know I don't really run, I jog...after the first mile of walking that is almost as fast as my jog, I jog, then walk fast up the hills and jog the rest of the way home. A little over 4 miles all together of fast walk, jogging. So as I was headed down the hill...I really headed down...like head on the pavement down. Oh man! It happened so fast that I can not really remember how I got there, I can remember falling and thinking..."I'm falling" and then there I was. Sprawled out right there on the road! I didn't trip on anything, I think my foot came down on the side instead of the bottom and that caused it all. I've become kinda clumsy lately, sometimes just standing still, I will just fall off my shoe. Anyhow, I hit the road with my knees first, tearing right through my sweats and bloodied up my knees, then my palms, but they didn't get bloody and next to hit was my cheekbone. I can't remember hitting there, but behind my ear is a split and a bump bigger than the bump on my cheekbone. I think that I hit my cheek and then turned my head to keep it from scrapping as I slid down to the road fully (did I have time to even think of something like that?) and so I ended up with the most damage behind the ear. I remember just laying there hearing the ringing sound in my head. Kinda like that sound you hear when you dive under water. I got up out of the road and moved to the ditch to take inventory and figure out if I should call for John to come and get me. He had the day off and was out burning. I just did not want to resort to that, so after I figured out that I didn't have anything broken and there was only a tiny bit of blood and nothing gushing, I got up and finished up the workout...only really slowly. My head was pounding, there were spots in front of my eyes, but I was actually glad to make it home on my own. It made for way more sympathy that way. I could hardly wait to see the damages. The lump on my face was huge! I could see it out the corner of my eye. There was a little blood dripping off my earlobe onto my collar and so that was my other little badge. Blood always makes for more drama. After deciding I deserved to have some more pity, I called Dennis at work. (what good is it to have a doctor in the family if you can't call him, right?) I wanted to know if it was bad to take anything for the headache that was getting worse and worse. After he went down his mental checklist to make sure I was OK, (I could not believe that was my son actually) he decided it would be alright for me to take some Advil, since it is good for swelling. I followed up with a call to Jessi, my little nurse, but she was out of phone range, so I left a message for John to call me when he got off work and then I knew I would get the full range of sympathy I wanted. Oh right, I also put in a call to my Mom, you GOTTA call your Mom,...and she made sure and passed on the latest info to my Dad and sisters. So there I am...fully sympathized. Here is a picture that was taken tonight. I washed off the makeup so you could see it all...and now it looks like both eyes are bruised! I'm getting old! Gotta put that makeup back on asap! The swelling is down, but as each day passes, the eye is getting more purple, but not nearly as bad as the ear. I'm glad it is covered with hair, I'm done with the sympathy need for now. Well, maybe not...I put it all here for you to read, huh? p.s. I am sure glad I decided not to take my camera on my workout this time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment