Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009


I can't believe how fast the years go by! Last Saturday, I went to Salem for Emily's first offical track meet. It was at the same stadium that we sat in for so many of her Father's track meets. It was just so strange to be sitting there, as if the years had never passed. I felt like it could have been one of John's meets instead of hers. WHERE did those years go? When I got home, I dug out the albums and here is one of John when he was the same age as she was. Sorry, they just don't scan that well after all this time. And then here is one of Emily before the race with her Dad making sure her shoes are tied correctly. He should know about shoe tying. When he was her age, he ran in a cross country race. At the start of the race, they had to go through a huge mud puddle on their way into the woods. We didn't realize it until he came back out of the woods and only had one shoe on that he had lost his shoe in that puddle! He ran the whole race with only one shoe on! After it was done, we went to retrieve it from the mud, he knew exactly where to dig around for it. If I remember correctly, it was one of his best races too! We still laugh and laugh about that one...here comes John from the woods yelling to us..."I lost my shoe in the mud!"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love the two photos of John - then and now. I can't imagine Emily taking one more step without her shoe though.

    ReplyDelete