Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, March 30, 2009


I made a recipe from Molly's blog this week. A bundt cake that is not in her book that I saw on her blog a while back. Sweet Potato Pound Cake. It sounded really good and hey, if it has sweet potatoes, it must be healthy, right? Well, it is so good! So good that I can't resist it. I keep shaving off little slivers of it, just for one more taste and couldn't believe how much those little slivers add up to until I went to take a picture of it to post here. After looking at how much I had single-handedly eaten, I decided I was too embarrassed to take the cover off for a picture to post. Here is the link to the blog to get the recipe. http://orangette.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-mean-it.html It really is worth the effort to give it a try. I recommend the glaze on top too. It has helped keep it moist for days now. I made it on Friday and by today, it is even better than Friday! (of course, it is way more eaten up by now too!) Just in case you really want to see how it looks, here it is.




I really did eat all that by myself in just one day! YIKES! I should be ashamed of myself...but NO, I'm ready for another piece. (it is called POUND cake for a reason)

1 comment:

  1. HI Vicki - I'd like to come over today for a coffee & some of your bundt cake ok? It was 50 degrees here on Sunday & then took a nasty turn. We got 2 inches of snow on Monday and it's 27 degrees outside this morning! Ouch! Then to add insult to injury the Toronto Blue Jays beat my Detroit Tigers 12 - 5 yesterday in their home opener. Is there no justice?? So . . . how's your week going? ;-)

    ReplyDelete