Click on any photo to see it larger.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oh wow...so where do I begin? There is so much to write...and only 1,ooo+ pictures to sort through to help tell the story. I spent the whole day today on the pictures and finally am able to update the blog. As you know we left here on Tuesday at 5:30, flew all night, first to LA, then to Miami, getting there at 4 am. The flight to Puerto Plata left at 2:30 in the afternoon. We got there at 4:30. Two days travel to get there. In September we only had one day of travel, but the airlines have cut so many flights it is impossible to book a flight from Portland to get us there in one day. I was so excited to see her again. The first three nights, before the rest of the gang we were sharing a house with arrived, we stayed in the Kids Alive team house. Jessi stayed there with us. She still had work to do, so we went to the school with her. A team of doctors, nurses and dentists from the states was showing up to give Hepatitis B shots and cavity screening on Thursday and Friday they were going to pull teeth on those who obviously needed help. They decided I needed to learn to give a shot. I was sure I did NOT need to learn it, but gave in. After the first shot, I was shaky...I wanted to sit down. But I made myself do it again and it was easier the second time. Those kids got themselves so worked up. Before they even got the shot they were just so dramatic...crying and some had to be forced into the shot room...some little guys worked themselves up into a sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment