Click on any photo to see it larger.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hola...well, we are here, having a good time, and I have taken tons of pictures...maybe like over 1,000!!! Trouble is that I don't have a computer that I can download them to in order to post them on the blog, so you will have to wait to see them until I get home. I am really sad about that because I have some really good stories and pictures to go with them. Like the first day here, a team arrived to give Hepititis B shots to the kids...and screen them for the tooth pull, which was the following day. So on the first day, in came the team, one doctor, two dentists, and 5 nurses. They asked me if I wanted to learn to give a shot and at first I was like "No way!" but I thought it over and ended up doing it. I felt like I needed to sit down afterwards, though. A little while later, I decided to try it again and was much better with some experience behind me. So then on Friday, they arrived and they started pulling teeth. I could NOT believe it! Some of those kids needed 4 teeth pulled, a few even 6!!! They would open their little mouths and you could just out and see those cavities, it looked to me like a silver filling. They would shoot up the mouth with novacaine and just out and pull the tooth. Wow, did I ever learn a lot. I held hand, held some kids down, and wiped a ton of tears. Plus took tons of pictures. I can't wait to show them all to you. Yesterday, Jessi's room mate from college, Julie and her mother Eileen arrived, and today, my Mom and Dad finally made. Sothat is our trip so far in a nutshell, I decided to take advantage of a rare moment with a computer and update this even if I don't have any pictures to go with it. Sorry! More as soon as possible!

1 comment:

  1. Tell me about the wedding! It was yesterday... wasn`t it?
    I'm writing from Barcelona!!
    Andy

    ReplyDelete