Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I made it home in time to pick the grapes! Green ones, purple ones and red ones. I was sure that the timing of my trip was going to make me miss them. Last year they didn't produce very much, but the year before there were so many. I mean laundry baskets FULL of them. I was giving them away to the neighbors and anyone else who would take some. This year, they seem later than usual, I think I picked them in September before, but that is just fine with me, I made it home in time. Our land is kinda on a slope and one section is really steep. I used to mow it with a push mower and then one year I got the idea to plant a vineyard there instead so I would not have to mow it. I am really glad for that decision. The grapes are a ton of work, but they look so much nicer there instead of that weedy grass and they are so much fun to pick and eat. And this way I am not risking losing a limb from rolling down the hill with a live mower blade.


1 comment: