Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Do you know your neighbors? (sounds like Mr. Rogers, huh?) Well, where we live, the neighbors are not just a few steps away, like in a city neighborhood. We have met, but not really talked, we finally got to know a couple of them, but then one of them moved and the new neighbors moved in and we said hello, but nothing much more than that, like I didn't even know their last names. One family, I didn't know their first or last names, or even how many lived there. So finally I decided we needed to get to know them and invited the 4 closest families to come over for a BBQ.
It was so fun. 24 of us in all. Unfortunately, just as we all sat down to eat, little rain drops started falling. We tried to ignore them, but the drops got bigger...and more of them. So we all moved under the upper deck to wait it out and finish eating...by the time we were done eating, it was all out raining...and the rain was getting us soaked under the deck also. I convinced everyone it was time to move us all inside. In spite of the rain, we had a really good time getting to know each other finally and everyone promised that we would make sure and meet up on a regular basis from now on.

Dessert. I had tons of recipes that I have been wanting to try out, so I made a bunch of tiny little bite sized ones. I can't decide which was my favorite. There were the usual Smores, which the kids made even in the rain once the adults went inside. Then the top are cream cheese and raspberry in puff pastry. Left are three kinds of cookies, Lime Meltaways, Cinnamon Bites, and Lemon Crisps. The last ones are dark chocolate and raspberry triangles, and Marion berry squares. Good thing they were small, even if you took one of each, you still only had a tiny plate full.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to have neighbours like you!!! It would be a pleasure

    ReplyDelete