Click on any photo to see it larger.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

My favorite berry.
The raspberries are right on time. I can't wait for some raspberry shortcake. When we were kids we had a field of them and every summer that was our way to earn money to buy school clothes. Getting up early to start picking before it got to hot, Dad would always be up before us and would start singing his "Lazy Old Man" song, I would always race Mom to see who picked the most. Then when we got rid of the berries, we (Lindy and Cyndi and I) went with the neighbor boys over to the Heckles field. After all those years of picking berries, I can't believe I actually planted them on purpose.

4 comments:

  1. It's very difficult to explain... this are things that only happen in my country :o(
    That bulding in the background it's our Congress or Parliament. A lot of people who don't agree with a law that is being treated in the Congress is in the tents, trying to persuade the deputies...
    One of the tents is from the Goverment... unbelievable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you plant raspberries in your garden???? You're so lucky!!! I live in an apartment! :o( I can't plant anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki! I'm going to steal photos from you blog to put them in my blog!!!! I didn't know that Oregon was such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete