Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008



Today, my Mom, sister and I visited Schreiner's Iris Gardens. It is off of I-5 just less than an hour from here. I have seen the iris blooming every year as I drove past, but this was the first time I actually stopped to see them. I don't know what took me so long! It was so beautiful, I think I will go back every year! So many colors, your eyes kept looking and looking to take it all in. And they smelled so fantastic too. There was more there than iris, there were lupine and poppies and many other kinds of flowers...

I think the blue ones were my favorite, which I didn't realize until I got home and took a look at the pictures and realized that most of them were a shade of blue, so they must have been my favorite, or I would have had other colors there too, right? Did you know that there is a BLACK iris? and a BROWN one? I can't believe the color combinations that have been created. I could have taken pictures all day, but will just plan on going back again for more.





They have gardens that you can walk all over in or just sit and look or you can see them in rows growing in the fields...either way is amazing to take in the colors. (and the scent!)

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I speak English and you speak Spanish!
    Have you ever heard about Julio Bocca? He's a ballet dancer from my country, Argentina, but he's known all over the world :o)
    Te mando un saludo desde Buenos Aires!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for the comment on Clickety-clack. I love your blog.
    Everly

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would definently have my memorey card filled. Hopefully when I go I'll have a macro lens. Andyou will have a new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky! Unfortunately Julio Bocca is retired, we won't be able to see him dancing again... :o( His last performance was last year, as soon as he turned 40 years old.
    Te mando un beso!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I was in London in 2003, and I did't go to the London Eye... It was a shame but I went to a lot of beautiful places!
    Do you work in something related to autism? It's interesting, I study psicology

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm studying psychology at the University of Buenos Aires... I'm finishing my first year. Here in Argentina you don't have to be a doctor but, of course, you can't prescript any kind of medication to your patients.
    Your sons and daughter have really interesting careers! I'm sure that you are very proud of them! :o)

    ReplyDelete