Click on any photo to see it larger.

Saturday, April 19, 2008


Happy Birthday to ME!


It was a pretty weird thing to wake up to snow on my birthday. I don't think that has ever happened! It didn't stick, but just was a strange thing to have happen, especially since we had 70-80 degree weather just before this sudden cold spell. John jr. called and instead of singing 'Happy Birthday', I got to hear 'I'm Dreaming of a White Birthday...' then Joshua and Emily played me a song on the keyboard. I also got calls from Dennis and Jessi and Mom and Cyndi and Lindy (Luke and Nathan and Ellie, helped her sing too). I got calls from a few friends too, Yasser from Nicaragua, Ron from Virginia, and Alan from New Mexico, and a card from Mary Jane from California and Sam from Panama, Melanie from Tennessee, Teresa from Nicaragua, Mavis, and my Spanish instructor, Merle from Guatemala. I helped instruct a class all day at the Red Cross, but didn't say a word about it being my birthday. It is embarrassing to have it be a public celebration. Once I got home, John took me out to dinner to Typhoon, mmm....Panang Chicken...I have enough left over for lunch tomorrow. It snowed the whole time we were eating dinner. There were a few couples all dressed up for their prom. I took a picture for the group next to us. They were from Barlow. It sure made me miss my kids prom days with tuxedos and pretty dresses and girls primping all day, facials and pedicures and hair being done over and over and the pictures and flowers and wondering if it was a wise thing that they were once again using Cyndi and Dan's Corvette and then the house full of so many kids for the after the prom sleepover.




No comments:

Post a Comment