Click on any photo to see it larger.

Thursday, April 5, 2018

We started out the month with an overnighter with Jessi's kids while she and Ariel went to a retreat. We spent the time playing around here, pizza party in the living room, and going to see a movie.  We saw Peter Rabbit.
 Spring flowers are bursting out!
 I have been busy knitting through the winter.  
I have a little collection of rock hearts.  I love it when the kids leave and I see little things around that they have done.  Here Arianna had lined them up in a row.
 I forgot to post this last month.  It was just like this when I arrived home from Gabe's party in LA.  Cyndi left them for a Happy Spring Welcome Home from our trip.
A family of eagles have been practicing their flying skills.  There are 3 babies and the two parents soaring over the house and down through the canyon.
 We had a new flock of birds come through.  A first time for me to see the Evening Grosbeak.  There were about a dozen of them all taking turns at the feeder.
There seem to be a few more hawks this year too.
 The hillside is beginning to leaf out.  I love the pink tint.
 Bazzel has decided that my foot makes a good headrest.  He just sits there with his head on my foot.
 I don't know if you can see it very well, but way out there along the horizon is a rainbow in the fog.  It was pretty unusual.
 Larch Mountain showing off the snow.  I like the line where the snow level is, you always hear it on the news that we will have snow to the 'whatever' foot level...here you see it. Just like there is a line drawn.
Mt Hood still attracts me with my camera.  I don't think it will ever get old.   





 One of the eagles soaring at sunrise.

 Lindy turned 60 on the 6th.  We picked her up and took her to lunch and then topped it off with pedicures.
 Afterwards, we all had dinner and birthday cake at my house.
At the end of the month, we hit the road for LA again.  This time it was for Daniel's birthday.
 Road food isn't always fast food.  We found a really good Indian Restaurant.  For years we have seen it as we drove on past.  I am so glad we gave it a try!  Amazing Food!
 I don't know why we waited so long to take the detour to Burney Falls.  Such an amazing falls!!!  It is in the Shasta area.  I think I need to go back.
A little on down the road, suddenly John pulls off and heads down a side road.  He had spotted a Wildlife Refuge sign.  It was worth the detour!  Ibis nesting in tree tops and huge flocks of brown geese and snow geese and some kind of bird with a long curved bill.  Its another place I want to return to.








 I spotted a flock of wild turkeys out in a nut orchard.

 We made it to Dennis' place in time for the party.  Daniel had a couple of friends join him at the
trampoline place and then back to his house for a pizza party and cake.
 While John tore out the powder room, I entertained the boys all week while they were on spring break.  I really enjoyed my time with them!  Quality and Quantity time!  I love seeing them in everyday life and being a part of their lives.  We went to swim class, practiced Gabe's violin, saw Sherlock Gnomes at the theater, played in the park and in their pool, and every night we had our Never Ending Story time.  I start out the story and one by one we all take turns adding to it.  Every night it continues until we have to put it on pause until the next visit. 



 We spent a couple of nights with Uncle Jim again.  He is always so happy to see us and makes sure we are happy to be there.  
The citrus trees in Oxnard are overloaded this year!
I found this old dead vine on a wall on one of my walks.
And then it was time to get back home...
sights along the way...
 Off in the distance, we could see smoke, as we got closer, there was a sign that it was a controlled burn.  Kind of strange to see firefighters STARTING fires instead of putting them out!
We had plans to stay in Reno a few nights, expecting to have a spa day.  For some reason, it was packed with people there, must be spring break or Easter.  Anyway, the spa was fully booked and so we decided to come home a day early.  But it was a nice ending to our trip anyway. 


No comments:

Post a Comment