Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, March 20, 2017

 We are still getting snow in March!  It has been such a cold winter. 
But in spite of the cold weather, the flowers are still coming up and it is looking more like spring around here







 This is the strangest plant!  In November, it gets tiny little white buds that hang down.  Slowly as winter progresses, the buds start opening up to these gorgeous yellow flowers.  Not a leaf in sight, but all of these blooms.  I found out it is a type of daphne.  After the flowers are done, then the leaves start coming out.  It smells awesome!

So besides watching the snow fall and flowers bloom, I have spent a little time with the local grandkids.
 Joshua has his permit and I handed him my keys to drive us to our monthly after school snack time.  I was totally surprised to discover what a good driver he already is.  
 We missed Emily, who is in Costa Rica and sent her a selfie of the two of us hanging out in her room.

 When Emily and Joshua were little, I took them to a Children's Theater play a couple of times. They really enjoyed it, so I was anxious to try it again with the next group of grandkids.  The first show was The Little Mermaid Jr.  It was so fun and I can't wait to take them to the next two that I have tickets for.  We will be seeing Robin Hood and Pinkalicious in May.

 And then last weekend we were able to keep them overnight!  Always a blast!
 You never have to ask if Josiah will take out the trash.  He keeps his eyes on it the whole time.  
 The sun was out and we all got to play outside for a while.
 Arianna discovered my old skates in the closet and thought that was a riot.  Josiah does not remember he tried them a long time ago.  It is pretty weird to have them using the skates I had as a little girl.
 Lina was a good helper making some scones.
While we were outside enjoying the sun, I noticed the pots that I filled with tulips looked kind of funny.  
 A closer look showed that something, which I suspect to be a deer has nipped off every one of my tulips!!!
 Sometimes I wonder about the weather report of the 'snow line'.  The other morning, I had a perfect view of where the snow line was for that day.  Pretty cool.
 and now the sun is rising on the other side of the mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment