Click on any photo to see it larger.

Saturday, February 4, 2017

January began with snow. 
Over just a few hours it went from pre spring weather to snow covered everything.


 After a couple of years without much snow, it was exciting to really get snow that lasted. Of course, it is much more enjoyable since neither of us have to go anyplace. I just wish the whole world would be able to hunker in by the fire and enjoy the snow falling down.  One of those who just does not get a snow day, is our nurse Jessi.  And of course her days to work seem to be the days that the ice was predicted.  John chained up his truck one of those days and she used it to get safely to work.

Sunrise on snow...what a nice way to wake up!








 The wind blows up from the canyon and then hits the house, causing a really pretty drift.

 a little snow does not keep the fishermen from hiking down to fish.
 Z Z Z Z Z Z








Once it thawed, I was able to get out.  The snow had melted in most places.  One day, I had an hour free before my hair cut, so I spent time at Blue Lake.  I was so surprised to see it was frozen over!  I have never seen it like that before.

 I am not sure if these are MY geese, but they were the only group to rush over to me.  I still like to think that she remembers me.
 The full moon rise was gorgeous with the snow.



 The Wind.
Wild gusts that we get here, are huge!  We love to watch the weather gauge and see how fast it is blowing out there.  But it does not stop the squirrel from getting something to eat.  He sits on the feeder and rides around and around as he eats.


Josiah, Arianna and Lina stayed the night with us one night, just in case it was too frozen for the sitter to get to their place, but Mom and Dad had to work. We had fun playing in the snow and came inside for indoor s'mores and hot chocolate.
The new snow was too dry to make a ball for a snowman, so we settled for a face, Then Lina decided to eat his carrot nose.
This view is ever changing...fog and clouds are as beautiful as sunny mountain views.
sometimes the fog is only along the river and you can see exactly where the river curves and turns.






 My friend Irene has a weather stick.  I have looked at it for years and thought it was pretty unique.  It goes downwards when it is going to rain and straight out when it is sunny.  I just had to get  one for myself.
And after all the gorgeous snow...then comes the snow that won't go away.  ugh!  I think that in most places it has finally all melted.

Along with the birthdays for John and John and My Dad and Ariel, we celebrated a special one for Emily.  She turned 18!!  And not only was that special, she also graduated early and is headed off to Costa Rica for 3 months.  She will teach English and live with a host family.  Everyone is so excited to hear her adventures.  I can't believe that I have a grandchild that old and off on her own.  So proud of her!

Mom made the cake as always, this time she went all out with handmade hibiscus and other tropical flowers and shells.  I added on a photo of my Dad.  Of course Mom does the work and planning of those cakes, but he is her support person.  Making sure that Mom's cakes arrive in top shape is his top priority. 

It was a pretty awesome month.

No comments:

Post a Comment