Click on any photo to see it larger.

Friday, December 2, 2016


One year!  We have lived in this awesome place for one whole year.  I know I always say it, but I just can not believe how fast the time is flying.  It has been such an amazing year as we have enjoyed the sunrises, sunsets, while gazing at that Mountain.  And when the mountain was not out, I learned to love those cloud formations.  I had no idea that a cloud could be so different from another.  We discovered all the gorgeous flowers growing in this yard, while we constantly trimmed and transplanted and mowed.  At first I felt a little afraid to do anything to the yard, it was like I was afraid to ruin it, but I finally am over that and have made it my own.  I even painted a few rooms inside the house too.
Only once have we seen that bobcat, but the deer have wandered through a few times.  We had an infestation of graydiggers, but got them all under control.  Those little chipmunks and squirrels now get control of the bird feeders instead.  We built a pergola and planted wisteria that is already reaching the top.  John built a brick firepit and pad and we had some amazing times with family and friends.  It was a summer full of company and BBQs.  I will never stop thanking God for this amazing gift.  

November began with a birthday for Joshua.  15 years old now! 
Look out!!! he is studying for his permit!
Our next birthday boy was Josiah.  6 years old for him!

He had an army theme and we all dressed up in army clothes.
Great Grandma made his army cake.
Then came our McCool Christmas Spa Day.  Our gift from Mom and Dad from last year.  Skamania Lodge and Spa was our destination this year. We spent the afternoon soaking in the outdoor hot pool, then all of us except Dad had a massage.  Dad just does not enjoy a massage at all, so he patiently waits with a glass of wine while we indulge.  Our gift was finished off with a fantastic dinner. 




 Then came Thanksgiving.  
And the month was finished off with a birthday for Mom.  79 years already!
Mt Hood, as always kept my camera shooting.






And as the last leaves fall, it becomes December. 


No comments:

Post a Comment