Click on any photo to see it larger.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mom and Dad celebrated their 60th year anniversary. 
They are a true inspiration for every one of us in this McCool family.  
 They don't like to be the center of attention, so we knew we could not throw them a huge party.  But of course we could not let it go by and not do anything.  So we planned a family gathering to surprise them when they arrived back from their trip to Vegas/Reno.   It just happened to be right in the middle of Dennis' visit up here, so it worked out so awesome that they got to be part of the party too.  We missed having David and Beth and family with us, but they live in Colorado and had already just been here for Christmas, so were not able to make it.  

 Dinnertime
 The Toast
John is such a natural in front of everyone, so we asked him to give the toast.  We used tiny shot glasses and everyone got a kick out of it.  The kids had cider and were so excited toasting and refilling, not really knowing why, but what did that matter?
 The Cake 
Emily put on Great Grandma's wedding dress.  Pretty amazing that she is now the same age as when Great Grandma became engaged!  Arianna modeled the veil.  
I could not let a whole family gathering go by and not get a photo of my whole family together!! 
 I have been blessed to overflowing!
 Yes, I could not be prouder of my little family, but also,I have a pretty amazing set of parents and sisters.  We always have so much fun together.  I think those two sisters of mine have become my closest friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment