Click on any photo to see it larger.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

I ended the month shooting the Blue Moon with Bonnie and The PDX Nightowls.  It was really hard to get the moon to show its craters and all and not end up looking like a little sun.  I need to figure out how to use Photoshop and layer up some exposures so I have it right.  But until then, this is what I have.
We shot downtown at the waterfront by the new Tilicum pedestrian bridge.  It is also for the Max Line and bicycles. 
 I spotted a heron catching a bull frog for breakfast.  It took forever to get it down.  Three times he got it down and had to spit it back in the water before it finally stayed down.  I felt a little bad for the frog, but realize it is part of the cycle of life.
I found a set of raccoon triplets the other day.  By the time I spotted them, the mother had signaled them and they were heading up the tree.  She stood at the bottom staring me down.

It has been so hot here...this squirrel was on our patio all spread out trying to cool off.   
 Mamma Goose is now eating from my hand. It is so cool how those three see me and head right over to me.  Even Baby Goose is starting to take a quick bite from my hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment