Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, August 11, 2014

 Last weekend we had our annual back to school shopping weekend with Emily and Joshua.  I am not sure when it actually happened, but somehow, a 'back-to-school outfit' has turned into a back-to-school shopping trip...haha...so fun to be a Grandma!!!  Along with the shopping trip, we also have discovered we now have a trip to the Alpine Slide included.  Don't ask me What that has to do with back to school clothes, but it does.  It really does.  The slides are so fun, but the race cars are the big hit of the time up there.  and don't forget the 'hamster ball'...a huge blow up ball that sits in a huge blow up pool of water, that they get in and make it roll all over the pool. They were supposed to actually get out and put some cross country running miles in while they were with us for the weekend, but instead they raced down the mountain on a sled, hiked up to the lift to get to the very top of the mountain for the most awesome view, raced cars around a track, ran miles in a blow up ball, and did somersaults on a trampoline and played a round of mini golf. The next day was shopping and yesterday was a walk to the lake and a water fight with Josiah and Arianna after dinner.  I would say that was a pretty good workout for them too, don't you?


The best kept secret!  After all the years of going up to the slide, this year, I discovered that you can ride the lift up past where you get off for the slides.  You get off and then hike up a little farther to another lift that will take you all the way to the top....and you are blown away with this most awesome view of Mt. Hood!!  I guess I am giving away the secret, but it is worth sharing.  
 This is a little warming hut halfway up to that view.  They have it set up outside for summer weddings.
 Emily had me take this one on her phone...she is such a creative photographer.  She sees all kinds of things and gets some pretty unique ideas for her shots.  She held up her hands and had me hold the phone in front of her face and told me when it was the right angle for me to press the button to get her shot.
Jumping from the swings at the park.
 The last day here, I needed to go to the store...and guess who drove me there?  Now it was one thing to have my own kids grow up and start driving my car...but it just does not seem possible that my grandkid is old enough!  She is an excellent driver, but it just does not seem possible that the years have gone by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment