Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014



 May 1st!  Happy May Day!
I have seen so many photos of this area in the springtime and really wanted to get up here, but each year it just didn't work out.  Rowena Crest.  It is an hour drive from home, so it isn't like you just get up and get out there, it takes some planning.  Of course the best time to start shooting here is at sunrise...so I set the alarm for 4am and Bonnie showed up for an early morning drive up the gorge to see the sight.  Oh, it was so worth it!!!  The balsam root and lupine were both in full bloom and the contrast of color was incredible!!!  The color stretched on for acres and acres topped off by a perfectly blue sky once the sun rose.  The view was so amazing up high on the cliffs overlooking the Columbia river and on over in to Washington, you could even see the tip of Mt. Adams.  I was so amazed that I decided my Mom just had to see it too, so the next afternoon, Dad and Mom and John and I took a drive so I could make sure she saw it too.


                                             





No comments:

Post a Comment