Click on any photo to see it larger.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happy Birthday, Abby!  I had not even met you when I knew I loved you already.  Dennis had come home from college talking about you.  He showed us a couple of photos of you.  So pretty, so classy, so tiny.  And then the part I really loved…he gave me a hug, lifting me up in the air.  As he sat me back down, he said…she’s just the same size as you.  Well, I had seen the photo, I knew that we were NOT the same size.  But I loved it because HE thought we were the same.   He was crazy about you and from what I saw when we finally met you, you we crazy about my Dennis too.  It is hard for a Mom to not be the object of her little guy’s adoration, but for you, I easily knew I could share him!  I know it has not always been easy to be his partner in helping him succeed in his career.  You had to change some of your plans in order to move across the US and live so far from family and the life you knew.  Then when you thought it was finally over and he had graduated…his career goals moved the two of you to another state…and it was a COLD one!  But you hung in there and now are beginning to see the results of your choices.  You make a great team!  So happy he has you for his wife.  We couldn't have chosen a better one for him.  And even if we are NOT the same size…I love that you have become a valued part of this family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment