Click on any photo to see it larger.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow,
for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow,
so quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!

I had these words embroidered and framed and hanging on my kitchen wall all the years the kids were growing up.  I tried to keep that in mind as life got busy and there was so much to do.  I was reminded of those words again this past week as the grandkids were here and we spent most of our time playing.  I would get home and look around and think, "so much is needing done", but off we would go on the next day's adventure.  Well, they went home and 'tomorrow' came!  I spent most of last week, cleaning and scrubbing, sorting and tossing, pulling weeds, mowing, and even shined up the windows.  So glad that I didn't waste a minute of the time when they were here doing those things...it would have just needed redone anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment