Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, June 18, 2012

 Last weekend, Dan and Cyndi invited us to fly in their plane with them to Lake Chelan, Washington.  
 Dan is the pilot and Cyndi is the co-pilot/stewardess.
She made sure and attended to our in-flight needs...
The flight is only 1 1/2 hours.  The weather was a little rainy when we left and so the flight was a bit bumpy going up.  Luckily for me and everyone else, I didn't have to resort to using that handy little white bag, but I  made sure it was close at hand more than once, just in case it got worse.  I tried so hard not to let on to them that I was not feeling so great, they wanted so much for it to be a great time for everyone.
Lake Chelan is gorgeous!  I could not believe how tropically colored the water is!  There are vineyards planted all around it, so the second day there, we rented bikes and rode to a vineyard for lunch. 
 The flight home was amazing.  I had tried not to think about it much.  The weather was sunny and warm and the sky was smooth.  We took a different path home and flew over Mt. St. Helens.  We were able to fly right past the crater and could see a tiny vent with steam coming out.  The sky was so clear we could see all the way past it to Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson.  We also had a great view of Mt. Rainier.




No comments:

Post a Comment