Click on any photo to see it larger.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

HAPPY MAY DAY!!!
I am not sure why, but an old memory came back to me this week as May got closer.  I remembered how my teachers in grade school would have us make a little basket and fill them with flowers to take home to hang on the door on May 1.  There were all kinds of baskets, all kinds of arrangements.  Some got pretty fancy, using those white paper doilies, some were really simple like the one in the photo.  Most of the time we made tissue paper flowers to go inside them, sometimes we used Kleenex to make the flowers, or there were shredded up crayons melted between wax paper and then cut out in flower shapes.  All included pipe cleaner stems that we got to twist into twirly designs.  One time we grew seeds in the window of the classroom using our little milk carton boxes from lunch.  They had not bloomed out yet, but we put a handle on the box and carried them proudly home.  
So this morning, inspired by my memories, I rolled up a few quick cones, stapled on a handle and ran to the store for some flowers...no time to make tissue ones...then I delivered one to my Mom and Dad, my daughter and a close friend, Irene.  I managed to put each one on the door handle and get out of there before they discovered I was there. It was so fun!  Oh, the crazy things we do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment