Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012


My latest little find has been PINTEREST.  http://pinterest.com/
It could be really addicting, but so far, I have managed to keep myself reigned in.  It is hard to describe what it is all about, I have tried and to those I have told about it, they just don't get it.  I guess it is just something you have to check out for yourself to see what I am talking about.  There are pictures, you can click on the picture and see the recipe, knitting project, book, funny quotes, travel destination, craft idea, fashion, decorating, remodeling, it is ENDLESS the ideas people have pinned there.  If you really like it and want to save it, you 'pin' it to your 'board'.  You make 'boards' of anything you want to name them so you can save them in files and come back to them when you want to.  You can go and see what others have pinned and pin from their boards into yours.  Anytime you are surfing the Internet, you can 'pin' a photo or idea from there.  (sometimes you need permission)  You can pin your own stuff too.  It is really easy to figure out.  
So I know, I just didn't quite relay it right, so just go see.
Here are a few things I have pinned along with a picture of my version of it when I tried it.
 right is my version, different, but I still liked it.
 my finished glitter eggs...glad I tried them, but they were terrible to peel and got glitter all over the egg once it was peeled.  I guess it would be best to blow the yolks out and glitter the shells only
 The Pinterest version of these cinnamon rolls was way cuter than my version.  But the grandkids liked them anyway.  It used canned cinnamon rolls, really quick and easy.

Easter Bunny Peep S'mores. I thought this idea was so cute for a gift, but it was even better just as an Easter recipe. The original version was so sweet, even the grandkids said it was too rich.  I cut down the sugar and it was better the second time around.  I will use this again for another holiday that they have peeps.  I think I saw some ghosts and pumpkins at Halloween and something Christmas too, but who really needs a new recipe at Christmas?   Here is the recipe if you want to try it.

Easter Bunny Peep S'mores
1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs, mix with 2T brown sugar. Put mixture in a baggie and secure shut. 2. Pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M's into quart jar. 3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar. Press them up against the glass, but don't squash them. 4. Place baggie of crumbs on top.  Place lid over it all.

Attach a gift tag giving the following instructions:
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well. 2. Melt 1/3 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars
For my recipe at home, I used 18 bunnies and left them whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment