Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, March 26, 2012



THE HUNGER GAMES
As with the Twilight series books, which I just did not think I would like, but was persuaded to read and then was amazed at how much I liked them, I was again persuaded to read another series called The Hunger Games.  The first book in the series was so captivating that I could NOT put it down, I read and read and READ and finished it in ONE DAY!  I could not wait to get my hands on the second and third books.  They were good, but not as good as the first one.  Then began the countdown to the movie premier.  Almost everyone I know has read the books, including Emily and so I told her that I thought that we should get a whole bunch of us together to go see it when it came out as a movie.  A couple of weeks before the premier date, she called me.  "Grandma...don't you think we should go see the midnight showing so we can see it as soon as possible?"  My answer was of course..."YES!"  We had quite a group... my grand daughter, her good friend, me, my daughter, my friend, my sister AND MY MOM!  Yes, I think we were the only adults in the room.  We showed up about 2 hours early, even though we had tickets already in our pockets, we wanted to make sure and get seats together.  With all the cold and snow we have had, we bundled up and were ready to hunker in and tough it out to get a place.  To our surprise, the theater let everyone wait inside...and not just inside, they had the auditoriums open and ready for us to wait in our seats.  8 auditoriums were showing a midnight Hunger Games!  Jessi and I went and looked and every one of them was full!  
Now, normally when you read a book and then see the movie, it is a little bit disappointing.  But this time, I am happy to report, they really did a great job.  The actors really were close to what I had pictured in my mind and even though they had to cut a lot of the book out to make it fit into a movie time-frame, it was a good job of keeping with the story line.  It was one of the best book made movies I have seen!  
Emily and her friend got to stay the night, as well as Joshua who had not gone to the movie, but had stayed home to keep Grandpa company.  It was a short night, we didn't get home from the movie until about 3am.  After sleeping in we celebrated with a special breakfast and I drove them back to Salem.  I could hardly keep my eyes open on the drive back home alone.  Maybe I am too old for this kind of thing...but don't tell Emily!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment