Click on any photo to see it larger.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

 Oregon State Fair  When I was growing up, we went every year, some years, I had my 4-H project entered.  Later, my parents used to take the WHOLE family, my sisters, our husbands and our kids.  I am not sure why we stopped going together, but for some reason, it has been years since I have gone.  John & Rachel live in Salem and they have never gone since they moved there.  Emily and Joshua had never been to a fair!  I don't know why we didn't think of it sooner, but this year we took the kids to see it.  Of course it was the hottest day of the year, but we had a good time.  For me it was a walk down memory lane, the 4-H exhibits, the cotton candy, the flowers and walking and walking.  For the kids, it was the rides, Emily is fearless and will go on just about every ride.  Joshua took it a little more cautiously at first and by the end let Emily talk him into a few more than he originally wanted.  For John, it was unreal how much they can get away with charging for everything.  But at least it was free parking, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment