Click on any photo to see it larger.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

CANBY FAIR!!! It has been a few years since I have been to the county fair. When I was a girl, I used to go every year. I was in 4-H, I did knitting, sewing and cooking. My Mom was my 4-H leader. So was Bonnie's Mom. They lead it together. I remember that all the clubs in the county had to make the same thing for our fair project. Muffins. Our family ate a LOT of muffins...I had to perfect them for the fair. I still have all of my ribbons from my muffins, along with ribbons for my sewing and knitting. I even still have the slippers I made and the apron. Not the muffins, though. A couple of times my project was even selected to go to the State Fair in Salem. It sure brought back memories to see all those plates of muffins.

Josiah is a BIG fan of the fair...where else can you see so many animals in real life? Along with seeing them, you get to hear what they REALLY sound like, not a canned version from one of his toys or one of us adults with our crazy imitation.

I love roosters! One of these days, I am going to get me one! Along with a few hens. Really. gotta do it!

Pigs...well, I don't love them, or even want one...but had to take a few photos anyway. Do you see the smile on this pig in the pen? don't know why I wanted a photo of this other pig's nose.

This Llama was happy to see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment