Click on any photo to see it larger.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Here are a few shots of the damage I have seen so far. This shot really made me smile...something much needed around here...I spent most of the first week in a rural area, not many homes, but the ones hit were a mess. There was one life lost. It just amazes me how a tornado can totally destruct a metal building and leave flowers blooming...bent metal around a tree, but leave the tree standing, take a roof off but leave up the walls, take off a wall, but leave the photos hanging on the other walls. It will take one home and the neighbor's home is not touched. I saw one neighborhood wiped out but ONE home was left. I stopped and talked to the man sitting out front of that house and asked him what he thought about that, he said, "God just didn't want me to go yet"...he had waited out the tornado inside holding onto his aging mother. From the front, this place didn't look too bad, except for a tree on one side of the roof. But looking closer, you can see how the pressure cracked the bricks and popped up the roof. From what they tell me, the whole house gets squeezed.








This empty pad is where a mobile home used to be. It was lifted up and tossed across the street. The man inside was 98. He was a leader in his community and the funeral was HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment