Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters, Grandkids...OH MY!

The picture looks way better if you double click on it to see it bigger.
The years have gotten away from us as my cousins and I have grown up. We used to get together ALL the time. My childhood memories of times spent together are so good. But like so many families, as kids grow up and move away, get married, have their own families, we started to lose touch. We would hear bits and pieces of how each other were doing through our Moms, but we have not seen each other in a very long time. Sadly, the last two times I have seen most of my cousins have been at funerals. Not a good time to spend 'catching up'. So finally, with the prodding of my Mother, my cousin Susan and I managed, via Internet, a few phone calls and one meet up at Edgefield, to get the invitations out, the food planned and a reservation made. The day arrived last weekend that most of us managed to set aside a few hours to reconnect. It was a good day. Seven out of 12 cousins made it. And of course we are all saying that it CAN NOT be that long again before we make plans to meet again. Hopefully, the ones who did not make it will find a way to plan us in and be there with us next time!
On the Dixon side of the family, we had a special visit from John's sister Sheila and her daughter Ann. Again, like with my cousins, it has been way too long since we have seen each other. We we happy that she took the trip over from Payette, Idaho.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment